How to build website backlinks in an organic way? The question is not so simple as you need to first know What are “backlinks”? Well, Backlinks are links that are directed towards your website which are also termed as Inbound links (IBL). They represent the popularity or importance as more and more people (sites) linking to you will eventually end up giving backlinks to your site.You might think that how come backlinks are important for your website though you are having excellent articles (data) on your site. But if you think in terms of search engines you will notice that they heavily rely on backlink to measure importance and popularity of any data. These search engines especially Google gives more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider those websites more relevant than others in their results pages for a search query.
What Goes in the background to calculate Backlinks?
While calculating the relevancy of a site to a keyword, search engines consider the number of QUALITY inbound links to that site. Here comes a question: What is QUALITY backlinks? A quality backlink is termed as links coming back to your site from a high page rank (PR) sites specially from the same niche. So its vital to get quality back links rather then settling for mere inbound links. Search engine in order to display exact and better search results considers the content of the sites to determine the QUALITY of a link. When inbound links to any site come from other sites, and those sites have content related to your site (same niche), these inbound links are considered more relevant to your site. If inbound links are found on sites with unrelated content, they are considered less relevant. The higher the relevance of inbound links, the greater their quality.
Tips To Build Back links In an Organic Way
Although, there are numerous methods provided in various SEO sites but here is my list of building backlinks in an organic way, remember no black hat SEO tricks here
- Directory Submission: Search engines sometimes refers directories to find more description about a site. These directories often gives one way backlinks to your site which is good for SERP. If these directories are paid and quite old, you can simply get quality backlinks. DMOZ, Yahoo, LIL and Zoominfo are MUST for every site.
- Sponsered Listing: You can optionally sponsor a site which will give you good traffic along with backlinks. Make sure you opt for site in the same niche of your site. Try to look for one time payment rather then recurring payments.
- Forums & Blogs: Try commenting on blogs and reply on popular forums which are old and highly indexed in google. When commenting in blog make sure you provide a valid comment about that particular article and not some random text. Putting a link in your comment can lead to a SPAM. If your comment adds some value to the article, it will give you good result in long term. Create multiple profiles in popular forums and add signatures. e.g. make sure your signature contains your keywords if possible. Don’t make it look like a SPAM.There is very thin line between a valid signature, comments and SPAM so make sure you understand the difference.
- Content Exchange: Content Exchange will give some boost and new visitors to your site but make sure you exchange in the same niche.
- Submit RSS Feeds to RSS Directories: Generate a RSS feed and submit it to the RSS directories. On the Internet people are hungry for content, there might be a bunch of people waiting to put your RSS on their website and thus provide you with a bunch of free backlinks.
- Write Short Articles on Popular sites: Write short articles on popular sites like squidoo, hubpages and ehow with a link back to your site (containing keywords). Although, you need to build good reputation on these sites to get some traffic and backlinks but this will give good results in long term.
- Google and other Alert services: Though, this is not a task but think about it. Whenever a keyword is chosen for sending alert. Google will automatically fetch all the blog post or articles posts on a particular keyword and send alerts. So, your keyword rich article may be fetched by Google while sending alerts to millions of people. Chances are that people will either bookmark as favorites or simply write something about your article giving a backlink.
- Website Review services: There are various website review services available. Choose a popular review service and submit your site for review. In case you are chosen they will write an article about your services/site and eventually you will get quality backlink.
- Publish Widgets: Create and share a widget with other site owners. Contact other site owners of same niche and ask them whether they are interested in putting your widget on their site. If the other site have good traffic you are bound to get some percentage of their traffic too along with quality backlink.
- Ping Popular Services: If you site is a blog, ping services like Technorati to tell them that you have a new article on your site which should be crawled by them. These services are quite popular and highly indexed by search engines. When these search engines will see your link on these sites you will get some backlinks.
- Question & Answer Sites e.g. Yahoo Answers: Create a solid profile by answering questions of other members, few of your questions can contain links. Although, the links will be “nofollow” still it will be an advantage to have those.
- Social bookmarking: Although, many people think that social bookmarking is THE ONLY solution to get back links, well i contradict this point. Simply bookmarking on popular sites won’t give you much of the traffic but waste your time. You need to create very strong profiles in sites like stumbleupon, digg, reddit, delicious etc. with lots of friends followers interested in same niche before bookmarking/promoting something. They can give you instant hits and might republish your article on their sites by linking back to your site.
- Create blog pages on various popular sites like wordpress and blogspot: You may optionally create blog pages on popular sites like wordpress, blogspot and provide short introduction of your article with a link back to your site.
If you’ve got any thoughts, comments or suggestions for things we could add, leave a comment! Also please Subscribe to our RSS for latest tips, tricks and examples on cutting edge stuff.